Friday April 13th 2012 – Day 1
Well if you hadn’t guessed it in the few seconds it took you to arrive here from wherever you were when the title caught your eye, there is no trickery or mystery in the naming of this website. From Bankrupt to Billionaire is my story.
But it is a story with a slight difference. It’s not about how I made it! It is about how I am going to do it. Every inspirational and obstacle ridden step along the way and I am setting myself a time frame of 7 years from today to do it. No this is not a reality TV show it is my journal of progress in the attainment of the biggest goal I have ever aimed for.
Whether you have arrived here by default or design, you have found the first website on the internet (known to me) where an every day knock about type of bloke; (me) is about to undertake a challenge to chronicle an epic journey from the depths of despair and financial ruin, to a place where most people would consider the hallowed turf of security and happiness.
Yet there is a single special message I am here to reinforce:-
Its not about the money…………. just like the song……… this is a journey of personal transformation, a journey of growth….. and I will be writing more on this through the coming years
Today “Friday, the 13th of April 2012: 15:31 hrs, in Sydney Australia!” This is day one in a 7 year journey where I chronicle my actions that will take me …….
From Bankrupt to Billionaire
Do you think I can do it?
What a stupid question!
It doesn’t matter if you think I can do it, what matters is “do I think I can do it”?
So I will start with my personal Mission Statement. Then I can take you through the Who, What, Why, When, Where and How of this Website
I have risen this morning with a high heart and a belief…
- “that all things are possible”,
- that my behavior and its results are a function of my “decisions” and Not my conditions;
I am also aware that life is dynamic and fragile; I therefore work at developing my abilities to their maximum and appreciate the beauty of the world and relationships about me.
For if I do not, I may find at the end of this day, something I enjoy now will be gone forever.
“Do things to make things happen” is the burning action principle at the core of my achievements;
Therefore my mission is…..
- To be persistent despite any adversary;
- To follow each task to its rightful conclusion;
- To be able to turn around at the top of the mountain and cry out to the four winds that all about me is my rightful creation with no fear that I begged borrowed, stole, coerced, deceived or misled any to follow me.
- Seeking to work at learning and teaching with those whom honestly belong with me and pursue the truth of the matter as I know it
- To empower myself with the knowledge, discipline and courage to maximize my abilities in living a productive and peaceful existence, in balance and harmony with my public achievements and my private avocations.
Through this process I will live all my values from a principle centeredness and attain all my goals and empowering affirmation for myself; my family and my friends.
Finally to act happy, feel happy, be happy, without a reason in the world. Then I can love, be loved and do as I will.
For what I spend my time thinking about; I become!
(NB: thank you Mr Steven Covey PhD – 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, for your guidance on Writing Mission Statements)
It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity
when the excellent lies before us.